Used Oil Processors
Registered Used Oil Processors (recyclers) are private companies that have been audited and approved by Alberta Recycling.
They protect both the environment and the health and safety of their employees in the collection and processing of eligible used oil products and are regularly reviewed to ensure they maintain the requirements of the Used Oil Recycling Program.
GFL Environmental Services Inc
Fort St. John, BC
Toll Free: 1.888.504.7100
Dispatch: 1.877.489.2324 Ext. 1
L & P Disposals
High Level, AB
Merlin Plastics Supply Inc.
Safety Kleen Canada
Fort McMurray, AB
Grande Prairie, AB
Toll Free: 1.800.340.4869
Summit Environmental Services
Become a Registered Processor
The following document outlines the application and compliance requirements necessary to become a Registered Used Oil Processor in Alberta’s Used Oil Recycling Program and be eligible for incentives.
Here is a brief outline of the application requirements:
- Submit a comprehensive business plan including details regarding (a) how the company will obtain eligible used oil material (sources/generators of used lubricating oil, oil filters, and/or oil containers); (b) ‘Downstream’ processors who will receive the used oil material for manufacturing into new products; (c) financial information supporting the viability of operations.
- Evidence of a closure plan and posting of security with Alberta Recycling; amount is calculated based on average monthly inventory (minimum amount of security is $20,000), or provide evidence of security in place with Alberta Environment and Parks.
- Copies of all required insurance.
- Evidence of an account in good standing with Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Copy of Certificate of Recognition.
- Evidence of an Environmental Management System in place to ensure adequate control of the processing site’s impact on the environment.
- For Used Oil evidence of PTMAA tank certification.
Please note that the review process for an application can take from four to six months in order for interim approval to be considered.
If you would like more information or to make an application please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org