What is TDA?
TDA is an engineered product made by mechanically shredding scrap tires. It is produced by Processors registered and approved by Alberta Recycling. Since its introduction in 1996, TDA has been used as an effective alternative to conventional aggregate as a drainage medium for leachate collection systems in municipal landfills.
- TDA can offer significant cost savings compared to conventional aggregate. Alberta’s Tire Recycling Program funds 100% of the cost to produce the material and a portion of the cost to deliver the finished material to the landfill site.
- Alberta Recycling can work directly with municipalities, First Nations and Métis Settlements as well as waste authorities and commissions to order TDA for future landfill cells (up to three years in advance to the actual building of the cell).
- Download the TDA Cost Tool Spreadsheet which enables applicants to apply their own expected unit rates for each of the input fields e.g. thickness of waste pile, cost of aggregate to calculate potential cost savings.
- To acquire TDA for your next landfill cell please e-mail Alberta Recycling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Tire Program Administrator at 1.888.999.8762.
For further information on TDA download our:
- Final Report on TDA Hydraulic Performance and Geomembrane Damage Potential or
- A summary of the final report contained in our TDA Technical Bulletin