NORTHWEST TERRITORIES RECYCLING PROGRAM
The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) contracted Alberta Recycling Management Authority (ARMA) to administer the revenue portion of their Electronics Recycling Program and ARMA is the main point of contact for companies (Distributors) selling in or into the NWT.
Under the GNWT Electronics Recycling Regulations, any person manufacturing, selling or distributing electronics in or into the NWT is an electronics distributor (this includes retailers) as of February 1, 2016.
ALL PRODUCERS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Be registered as a distributor;
- Collect environmental handling fees on designated electronics sold/distributed;
- Report and remit fees, where applicable; and
- Maintain accurate books and records.
Unsure if you are required to register or have questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com or toll-free at 1.888.999.8762 and we will be pleased to assist you.
To begin the process of creating an account with ARMA Connect, please click on the Create Account button below:
DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
- NWT Product List and Fees
- Remittance Overview
- Remittance Instructions and Guide to ARMA Connect for NWT Electronics Distributors
- NWT Electronics Distributor Registration Update Forms
- GNWT Electronics Recycling Regulations
- Letter from the GNWT to Electronics Distributors
- Distributor Responsibilities
To find out more about the GNWT’s electronics recycling program, visit the website for the Government of the Northwest Territories.