ARMA is proud of its 30-year legacy as a leader in environmental stewardship and is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and advance our vision of Inspiring a Future without Waste.
Please see the listing below for positions that are currently available. For general inquiries email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
There is currently one position available.
POSITION TITLE: Compliance Officer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Compliance
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
DATE OF POSTING: May 14, 2021
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Compliance Officer provides a face-to-face connection with Alberta Recycling Management Authority’s (ARMA’s) registered Suppliers. This position is responsible for verifying that registered Suppliers are meeting their obligations under the governing regulations and bylaws of the recycling programs by collecting and remitting the required recycling fees.
This position requires frequent travel to various locations within Alberta, with occasional travel out of province.
- Verify accuracy of registered supplier remittances through conducting assigned compliance reviews according to established procedures and the use of analytical and audit tools.
- Planning and scheduling of assigned program compliance reviews including reporting and tracking of reviews.
- Arranging travel and accommodation in accordance with organizational policy.
- Prepare compliance review results for review and approval by supervisor.
- Effectively communicate the results of compliance reviews to Suppliers identifying areas of concern, causal factors, possible solutions, and required actions.
- Assist with development of annual compliance review selections through the use of analytical tools.
- Assist with fiscal year-end reporting on compliance review results.
- Provide regular compliance plan status updates to supervisor throughout the year.
- Conduct liaison visits with Suppliers and potential Suppliers according to established process.
- Collaborate with Supplier Administration in preparation of planned compliance reviews.
- Manage and respond to supplier inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain detailed record of Supplier communications in the required systems.
- Provide input into any compliance department procedures and documents.
- Maintain files in accordance with the organizational filing systems.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Completion of assigned compliance reviews and liaison visits based on the approved annual compliance plan by the end of the fiscal year.
- Compliance reviews and findings are thorough, accurate, and completed efficiently through the use of appropriate and available information technology tools.
- Establish positive working relationships with the Suppliers as measured by surveys and supervisor follow up.
- Reporting and filing associated with compliance reviews and liaison visits is completed within 30 days of the site visit, and required follow-up actions from reviews are followed up on and resolved within 90 days.
- All travel, accommodation and associated expenses are compliant with organizational policy.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in the areas of accounting, finance or economics.
- Equivalent combination of education and audit related experience may be acceptable.
- A working knowledge of basic accounting principles and experience in audit related work.
- Proficient in using Office 365 applications, with a focus on analytical tools such as Excel (proficient with vlookup, Pivot tables, etc.). Experience with Power BI considered a strong asset.
- Excellent time management, decision making, problem solving skills.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience in working independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires that a driver’s abstract be supplied to ARMA upon hire and on an annual basis to demonstrate an acceptable driving record.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single document (Word or PDF) to the attention of Human Resources at [email protected]