ARMA is proud of its 30-year legacy as a leader in environmental stewardship and is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and advance our vision of a future without waste.
Please see the listing below for all currently available positions. For general inquiries email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
There is currently one positions available.
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
POSITION TYPE: One-year contract with possibility for extension
DATE OF POSTING: March 30, 2021
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The HR Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day Human Resources support to ARMA management and staff. This position ensures that the organization operates in accordance with company policies and procedures. The HR Specialist is responsible for drafting policies, and developing and implementing procedures regarding performance management, employee benefits and compensation, recruitment and selection, and other HR initiatives.
A. Communication and Collaboration with Management
- Ensures open communication and effective collaboration between the management team.
- Maintains a balanced, objective, and independent relationship with all managers.
- Liaises with managers to accelerate team and culture development.
- Engages management to identify current gaps and future human resource tools and required skill sets.
B. Employee Relations
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer- employee relationship, and promotes employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline.
- Reviews and guides management recommendations for employment terminations.
C. Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Researches, develops, implements, and interprets human resource policies and procedures.
- Develops training and tools for communicating human resource policies and procedures.
D. Recruitment and Selection
- Oversees recruitment and selection including offers of employment.
- Manages internal and external advertising campaigns.
- Conducts exit interviews and creating staffing strategy.
- Creates and recommends employee retention opportunities.
- Ensures employment contract is accurate and binding.
E. Performance Management
- Provides advice and guidance to executive and management for managing employee performance and conduct.
- Ensures the company-wide performance management process is completed; reviews leadership documentation and counsels where problems exist; ensures performance document is filed in personnel files.
F. Training and Development
- Manages new employee onboarding or orientation and management development.
- Coordinates human resources training programs.
- Provides support for managers and employees including workshops, manuals, and employee handbooks.
- Assists with the development of and monitors spending of the corporate training budget.
- Maintain employee training records.
G. Compensation and Benefits
- Assists wage/salary structure and pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Obtains cost-effective employee benefits, monitors benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Manages the development of benefit orientations and training.
- Manages the STD and LTD claims and appeals process.
H. Organizational Development
- Responsible for employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of company goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Develops and oversees company-wide committees (e.g., wellness, training, culture, communications, community involvement.).
- Informs the executive team of significant problems that jeopardize the organization which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
I. Various Projects
- Human Resources ADP Web Portal development:
(a) Responsible for the development and maintenance of the human resources sections of the ADP Web portal, particularly recruiting, culture, company information and the employee Intranet, newsletters etc.
(b) Utilizes the ADP system to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organization.
- Change management.
- Ability to lead and influence change.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Organizational and time management skills (ability to multi-task and prioritize).
- Sound analysis, judgment, and decision-making.
- Strong planning, project management and leadership skills.
- Commitment to working in a fast-paced team environment with established team building abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to influence decisions and decision makers at various levels throughout the organization.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related discipline.
- CPHR designation is required (or working towards one).
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressive human resources experience with at least three (3) years being at a management level.
- Knowledge of employment law, relevant legislation, acts, and codes.
- Project management knowledge and/or experience would be a definite asset.
- Experience with ADP.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs, and other Human Resources recognition, engagement programs and processes.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of MS Office.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single document (Word or PDF) to the attention of Human Resources at [email protected]