Following are the eligible electronics in Alberta's Electronics Recycling Program and the environmental fees charged on the sale of new products.
- Computers and servers - $4.40
- Laptop, notebook and tablet computers - $1.20
- Visual Display Devices - Televisions, monitors and all-in-one computers (processing unit combined with a monitor):
- Less than 30" screen size - $4.00
- 30" screen size or larger - $10.00
- Printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines - $4.80
For more detailed information please see the Table of Fees for Electronic Products. Current version published November 30, 2017.
The environmental fees Albertans pay when purchasing new electronics helps fund the cost to recycle them...
Albertans are some of the most dedicated recyclers in the world. In 2017 alone, residents and businesses recycled 647,000 units of computer equipment and TVs. Registered electronics processors broke down this material at their approved facilities right here in Alberta, separating it into various metals, glass, and plastic. These recovered commodities were then shipped for manufacturing into new computer components or industrial metal products, to name a few of the end uses for your old electronics.