Become a Registered Used Oil Processor
The following document outlines the application and compliance requirements necessary to become a Registered Used Oil Processor in Alberta’s Used Oil Recycling Program and be eligible for incentives.
Here is a brief outline of the application requirements:
- Submit a comprehensive business plan including details regarding (a) how the company will obtain eligible used oil material (sources/generators of used lubricating oil, oil filters, and/or oil containers); (b) 'Downstream' processors who will receive the used oil material for manufacturing into new products; (c) financial information supporting the viability of operations.
- Evidence of a closure plan and posting of security with Alberta Recycling; amount is calculated based on average monthly inventory (minimum amount of security is $20,000), or provide evidence of security in place with Alberta Environment and Parks.
- Copies of all required insurance.
- Evidence of an account in good standing with Workers' Compensation Board.
- Copy of Certificate of Recognition.
- Evidence of an Environmental Management System in place to ensure adequate control of the processing site's impact on the environment.
- For Used Oil evidence of PTMAA tank certification.
Please note that the review process for an application can take from four to six months in order for interim approval to be considered.
If you would like more information or to make an application please e-mail [email protected].
Learn more about our used oil recycling program
Alberta's Used Oil Recycling Program is helping protect our environment by keeping used lubricating oil, oil containers and oil filters out of our landfills, and away from the waste stream.