Registered Paint Processors are private companies that have been audited and approved by Alberta Recycling.
They protect both the environment and the health and safety of their employees in the collection and preparation of eligible end-of-life paint and paint containers for delivery to downstream processors and are regularly reviewed to ensure they maintain the requirements of the Paint Recycling Program.
Nor-Alta Waste & Site Services Inc.
16375 – 130 Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T5V 1K5
Toll Free: 1.888.524.2012
The Recycle Systems Company Inc.
1508 – 10 Street
Nisku, AB, T9E 7S4
Become a Registered Processor
The following document outlines the application and compliance requirements necessary to become a Registered Paint Processor in Alberta’s Paint Recycling Program and be eligible for incentives.
Here is a brief outline of the application requirements:
- Comprehensive business plan including (a) details regarding how your company will obtain eligible paint and paint containers (material must be sourced in Alberta); (b) ‘Downstream’ processors who will receive the paint material for manufacturing into new products.
- Evidence of a closure plan and posting of security with Alberta Recycling (minimum amount of security required is $20,000) or provide evidence of security in place with Alberta Environment and Parks.
- Copies of all required insurance.
- Evidence of an account in good standing with Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Copy of Certificate of Recognition.
- Evidence of an Environmental Management System in place to ensure adequate control of the processing site’s impact on the environment.
Please note that the review process for an application can take from four to six months in order for interim approval to be considered.
If you would like more information or to make an application please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Eligible Downstream Processors
The following points are provided to help clarify business arrangements between Registered Processors and Downstream Paint Processors.
- To be eligible for funding, Registered Processors must provide the required information on each Downstream Processor and have them approved by Alberta Recycling before starting to ship paint material to them.
- Companies currently handling, transporting and processing recyclable hazardous wastes in Alberta have to meet provincial and federal environmental and safety requirements.
- The environmental and safety requirements of the paint recycling program align with these standards, therefore these companies are eligible for approval as Downstream Processors.
- Downstream Processors working with Registered Processors are encouraged to inform Alberta Recycling of your interest in the program.