Congratulations to the 2021 Collection Site Awards of Excellence winners—recognized for exceptional dedication to meeting all collection site grant requirements, and are organized, convenient and safe for residents and businesses to use.
Three awards are issued annually based on population served:
South Forty Waste Services Commission
5,000 – 25,000
Devon Recycling Depot
Airdrie Recycle Depot
The 2021 winners celebrating their awards!
Summary of what it takes to win
- Make sure your sites are registered with the Electronics, Paint, Tire, and Used Oil Materials Recycling Programs. See Municipal Collection Site Registration Application.
- Install the Program signage provided by ARMA
- Ensure safe and proper handling of Program material
- Ensure secure storage of Program material to prevent theft, scavenging and vandalism
- Be convenient and accessible to the public
- Perform unit counts of electronics
- Keep eligible and ineligible materials stored separately
- Maximize the capacity of paint bins
- Prevent spills and groundwater contamination at used oil materials collection sites
- Regularly submit the Electronics and Paint Municipal Collection Funding Request reports
- Keep the site neat and orderly
- See Municipal Collection Site Requirements for more information