Vision, Mission and Goals
Our mission is to be an inspiring partner and a respected steward of the environment.
We will be a leader in recycling and waste minimization best practices and innovation in an effort to make the world a sustainable place.
We believe every place should be left better than we found it.
We will inspire Albertans to waste less, teach them to use things in different ways, and help them partner with others who share our passion.
Keeping our environment clean is a shared responsibility
We will educate Albertans, support and contribute to best practices, and will be a responsible, trusted and transparent partner in the global effort to reduce waste.
Alberta Recycling has identified key goals and strives to meet annual performance measures in each recycling program (Electronics, Paint and Paint Containers, Used Oil Materials, Tires):
- All designated materials available at end-of-life are collected and processed.
- Ensure Program sustainability by confirming environmental fees and funding rates are appropriate and effectively managed.
- End-of-life materials are processed in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- There is strong awareness and support for ARMA recycling programs.
- There is strong participation in the collection of material for recycling under the Program.
Effectively manage the following contracts:
- With Alberta Environment and Protected Areas for the Household Hazardous Waste Program—administering funding to brokers for the transport of waste to the Swan Hills Treatment Centre.
- With the Government of the Northwest Territories—administering the revenue portion of their electronics recycling program with respect to distributors.
- With the Government of Yukon—administering the revenue portion of their tire recycling program with respect to producers.