Our mission is to be an inspiring partner and a respected steward of the environment
We believe every place should be left better than we found it
Keeping our environment clean is a shared responsibility
Alberta Recycling has identified key goals and strives to meet annual performance measures in each recycling program (Electronics, Paint and Paint Containers, Used Oil Materials, Tires):
- All designated materials available at end-of-life are collected and processed.
- Ensure Program sustainability by confirming environmental fees and funding rates are appropriate and effectively managed.
- End-of-life materials are processed in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- There is strong awareness and support for ARMA recycling programs.
- There is strong participation in the collection of material for recycling under the Program.
Effectively manage the following contracts:
- With Alberta Environment and Parks for the Household Hazardous Waste Program - administering funding to brokers for transport of waste to the Swan Hills Treatment Centre..
- With the Government of the Northwest Territories - administering the revenue portion of their electronics recycling program with respect to distributors.
- With the Government of Yukon - administering the revenue portion of their tire recycling program with respect to producers.