Please note that the review process for an application can take from four to six months in order for interim approval to be considered.
- Comprehensive business plan including (a) details regarding how your company will obtain eligible paint and paint containers (material must be sourced in Alberta); (b) 'Downstream' processors who will receive the paint material for manufacturing into new products.
- Evidence of a closure plan and posting of security with Alberta Recycling (minimum amount of security required is $10,000) or provide evidence of security in place with Alberta Environment and Parks.
- Copies of all required insurance.
- Evidence of an account in good standing with Workers' Compensation Board.
- Copy of Certificate of Recognition.
- Evidence of an Environmental Management System in place to ensure adequate control of the processing site's impact on the environment.
If you would like more information or to make an application please e-mail [email protected]
For a list of current registered paint processors, please open this link